|The Palestinian Museum Ambassadors
Age limit: 18-25 years old
The Palestinian Museum is an independent institution dedicated to supporting an open and dynamic Palestinian culture nationally and internationally. The Museum presents and engages with new perspectives on Palestinian history, society and culture. It also offers a space for creative ventures, educational programmes and innovative research.
Museum Ambassadors at the Palestinian Museum are a mobile source of information that connects the Museum’s team with the public. Their role is to work outside the museum, within the university premises, among a circle of friends and/or in any event they may be involved in to introduce people to the Palestinian Museum and to communicate the different events hosted by the museum.
The Ambassadors will represent the Palestinian Museum with integrity and enthusiasm and will be responsible for community-building and initiating a museum culture as well as sharing the Museum’s vision. An ambassador should be an advocate of the Palestinian Museum’s different projects and exhibitions, they should also engage with university students to encourage and raise their interest in the Palestinian Museum through organising group gatherings, classes or different students’ assemblies, giving a brief about the museum, and extending an invitation to visit exhibitions and the Museum gardens.
The ambassador’s role is not limited to promoting the museum inside the university. Ambassadors may also help visitors get the most out of their visits by conducting tours, circulating throughout the Museum’s public zones to answer basic questions, and directing visitors to programmes of interest. The Museum will also employ the Ambassadors to assist with special projects and events as needed.
If you enjoy:
community-building and being an advocate of the cultural scene in Palestine.
interacting with diverse audiences, age groups and learning styles.
working in an often busy and changing environment.
If you have:
an interest in talking with diverse audiences and age groups.
strong interpersonal and communication skills.
an interest in the cultural and art scene in Palestine.
If you can:
commit to frequently working on assembling people and promoting the museum’s vision and events.
handle frequent walking, standing, and talking.
- Submit a short video -two to five minutes- answering how you will contribute to the museum and what are the methods in which you will promote the museum activities and public events to; firstname.lastname@example.org (Be authentic and detailed as you can).
- Interviews will be held at the Palestinian Museum during predetermined dates and times.
- Application deadline is on Tuesday, 10 December, 2019.
- Notifications of acceptance to the position will be made during Jaunuary 2020.
- Final candidates will be notified of the dates and times of the comprehensive training that will take place at the Museum.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain new skills and experience
- Engage in interesting conversations with people from all over the world
- Achievement of personal and professional goals
- Recognition and gratitude for your service
- Satisfaction of providing a valuable community service
- Discount on Museum Shop purchases
- Letter of recommendation
- Record of your volunteer hours
- Networking opportunities with Museum leadership and fellow Ambassadors